Did you know that baking soda can be used to make decorative figures? All you need is this “magic powder”, corn starch and water. Easy peasy and great fun for the kids.
- 2 cups baking soda
- 1 cup corn starch
- 1 ¼ cup of water
- Color markers
- Cake molds and cookie cutters
- Mix baking soda, thickener and water and place on the stove to heat slightly, stir until the mixture begins to thicken.
- When the mixture starts to look like mashed potatoes, take it out of the pot and leave it to cool. Cover with a damp cloth.
Shaping and baking:
- When the dough has cooled enough to be kneaded, roll it out with a rolling pin and cut out various shapes with the help of a mold or cutters.
- Put it in an oven preheated to 50 degrees, 45 minutes or air dry for two to four days.
- When your figures harden, you can color and decorate them as you wish.